I commute every day from Monterey to San Jose - it's about 60 miles each way and isn't usually too bad of a drive. However, PEOPLE RUIN IT. So, to make sure you aren't one of these god forsaken people...I bring to you...How To Be The Best Commuter Ever 101.
We'll start with the basics.
- Drive the speed limit.
- If you can't keep up in the fast lane, GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE.
- Use your blinker. They are there for a reason, my friends.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don't text and drive. Or talk and drive. (for those states like California)
- Be aware of peeps on motorcycles. They come out of nowhere!
- If you cannot stay in your lane and eat a Big Mac, don't eat the Big Mac.
- DO NOT be a rubber necker. Do you want to cause another accident?
- If you see a CHP on the side of the road pulling someone over, DO NOT slam on your breaks. He's busy. He doesn't care about you. Okay?
- Tap dance not breaks. Seriously, so annoying.
- DO NOT read and drive. Are you kidding me? 50 Shades can wait.
- DO NOT turn on your brights in the fog. Do you want to die?
- DO NOT try and win a fight with a diesel truck. You will lose. And die.
What's the craziest thing you've ever seen while driving? I would love to know! Also, is talking on your cell phone legal where you live? It isn't in California. You'll get a big fat ticket. Or a warning if you're lucky.