Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Seriously. Those quotes will never get old.
I saw Regina George wearing NYC Expert Last Lip Color and I had to have it. Well actually I received it in my Uni VoxBox from Influenster, but you get the idea.
I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to bust out this baby and today is the day!!! I was pleasantly surprised with the quality! The lipstick is only $2 and comes in a lot of pretty shades.
I received Forever Fuchsia and I love it! It's super pigmented and that's exactly what I hope for when I buy a new lipstick. I want my lips to stand out! I ate with it on and drank with it on and it lasted for hours. If you want less color, you can out a tissue in between your lips and it will fade!
I received this product from Influenster for reviewing purposes, but this lipstick is loved by me and Regina George.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Too sweet. Too grainy. Too separated. Blah blah baking fails.
The trick is shortening. It's totes healthy, don't worry.
It's a one bowl frosting. You toss everything in, set a timer and walk away. It's also a "crusting" buttercream. It works great for decorating! You'll be like a real bakery in no time!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup (one stick) of butter
- 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bag powdered sugar (2 pounds)
- a dash of vanilla if you want (your frosting won't be stark white)
- add your stick of butter to the bowl
- add shortening to the bowl - I usually do 3/4 cup
- add the whole bag of powdered sugar on top of that
- if you are using vanilla, add it now (I don't)
- pour your milk all over the powdered sugar (it's fun)
- it's mixing time! use SLOW speed. I usually pulse it until it stops sending powdered sugar up into the air
- once you've got it under control, high speed baby! set a timer for 3-4 minutes and go do your thang
- come back when the timer goes off and marvel at the deliciousness you have just made
*This makes a lot of frosting!*
Coming this week...ombre rose cakes featuring this frosting!
Thursday, April 24, 2014
I have an overactive imagination. It's pretty ridiculous. Like that one time I watched The Walking Dead before bed and every sound I heard was obviously a zombie...
Let's make a list. Shall we?
The porcelain wind chime thing I have in my room makes noise.
- Normal People? Oh it's just the fan.
- Me? GHOST!
- Normal People? Whatever.
- Me? Oh hell no! The monster under my bed will get me!
- Normal People? Who ditched the meeting?!
- Me? OMG ZOMBIE. I'm not even ready for the Apocalypse!
- Normal People? Silly dog, go to sleep!
- Me? Somebody must be breaking in. What can I use to stab the intruder?!
In case you wondering...yes I do sleep with my TV on. I also never peek in the bathroom before I turn the light on.
I think I watched too many scary movies as a kid. Thanks Mom.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
I would always compliment my coworker on her nails. They were so cute all the time! She let me in on a little secret...press-ons! She said "I can't remember the name, but they look like they are in a nail polish bottle!" Imagine my surprise when I got these Broadway nails in my Uni VoxBox from Influenster!
The design I got wasn't really my style, but they are GREAT quality! They were quick and easy to apply.
So many colors, so many styles and all for a low price! Perfect for those one night events or a girl on a budget. I've seen them at Target and Walmart.
One tip that I have? Put your thumbs on last! The directions told me that, but I got so excited I forgot! Oops!
A tip from my coworker - if you use a spot of nail glue, they last even longer! That's her trick!
I've never been an acrylic girl, but I am definitely a Broadway Nails imPRESS-On girl :)
My life is one giant countdown and I am so frustrated by it. I hate not knowing things. Control freak alert. I am currently living in the future. All I think about is moving and my vacation. When I try and talk myself into loving the present, I think "well it's not like I'm missing anything here right now any way." WRONG. I could be spending quality time with my dad, loving on my dog, attempting to see friends, etc. I am writing my life out in numbers to get it all out of my system, so I can enjoy the little time I have left here. (I actually have a lot of fun things going on until then, so I should really stop complaining)
On a happier note, we have gotten the whole house thing sorted out, which takes away a lot of my frustration. My best friend and her boyfriend are staying in their current place, her brother is moving out, and we are taking his room! So easy! Plus, I love the area.
Now if only time could move a little faster!!! Oops, I mean, take your time, Time.
6 days until Jarad's golden birthday
16 days until our ONE YEAR!
24 days until my last day at work (possibly 30)
25 days until we move (possibly 31)
48 days until our Caribbean vacation
And here is some fun ones because I like to brag ;)
38 days since I've had fast food
22 days in a row I've worked out
Have you ever felt like your life was a giant countdown? Tell me about it!
Monday, April 21, 2014
When Yoplait reached out to me to conduct a taste off with Yoplait Greek 100 Strawberry yogurt and Chobani Simply 100 Strawberry, I had to!
I decided to do the taste test with my boyfriend's family at our Easter dinner! Each person was blind folded and given a spoonful of each yogurt.
Yes...that is them spitting out one of the yogurts...cough Chobani.
The verdict was that Yoplait was smooth, creamy, and had a perfect strawberry flavor. Chobani was said to be chunky, sour, and not very strawberry flavored at all.
After a unanimous vote, YOPLAIT was the winner. At 100 calories a cup and 12 flavors to choose from, how could you say no?
We've taken the Yoplait Taste-Off, now it’s your turn! Let me know who won your taste off!
Want to try your own taste-off with your friends or family? Get some ideas here!
Sunday, April 20, 2014
I love reading and I LOVE love stories. Who doesn't love a happy ending?
The Reluctant Wedding Planner had my attention from the very start. Instead of risking giving away any of the good parts, I included a snippet from the author, Eva Scott's, website for you to read.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, April 18, 2014
I am SO happy it's Friday. I have a lot of favorites this week. 3/5 of them are food related. Oops. I apologize in advance for the iPhone photos.
1. Skinny Cow Treats. My mom started buying me these a couple weeks ago and OMG. They are just the right size, low in calories, less sugar than normal treats, and just so good. The Dreamy Clusters taste like Twix!
2. Statement necklaces. I posted this on IG last week and everybody loved the necklace! I bought it on an IG sale from Strands. You can visit their website here. Their stuff is so cute and inexpensive!
3. May Designs. If you haven't been to this site before, just go now. They have planners, fitness journals, note cards and other lovely things. Their prints are TO DIE FOR. I have a notebook, a planner, a fitness journal and two sets of note cards. Everything is customizable. Shown below is my fitness journal.
5. Baked Pretzel Thins. I think I have found the thing to satisfy my chip craving. Pepperidge Farms Baked Natural Pretzel Thins! Yum!! These have no fat! NO FAT. They are super crunchy and just the right amount of salty. These are super cheap at Target. I think they are around $2.19 a box. They are also shaped like butterflies. Well maybe just smashed pretzel shaped, but they look like butterflies to me.
What are you loving this week?
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
There are 5 love languages - quality time, physical touch, words of affirmation, acts of service, and receiving gifts.
I was sure that physical touch would be one of mine. I love holding hands and I'm a hugger.
After I went over the 30 questions, my score was a tie betweet physical touch and quality time. I thought the statements that I had to choose from were super repitive and I wasn't sure how accurate this would turn out to be, buuuuut this quiz knows me!
I just want my significant other to hug me and spend time with me! I'm going to have my boyfriend take this quiz and find out what his primary love language is too!
UPDATE: Jarad's primary love language was quality time, followed closely behind by words of affirmation and physical touch.
Take the quiz here and let me know your score! Was your guess right?
Two giveaways in one week! You lucky people! This one is for $90 to Target or $90 in Paypal cash! The giveaway is open internationally as long as you have a Paypal account.
I'm sponsoring Erica Jacquline this month and she put together this awesome giveaway! Make sure you visit all of the lovely ladies who made this possible!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, April 11, 2014
This post brought to you by BIC 4-Color pen. All opinions are 100% mine.
In case you didn't know, I love anything related to stationery. Notebooks, note cards, planners, and PENS. I always carry multiple colors. It makes things fun and keeps me organized!
The BIC® 4-Color™ has solved all of my pen carrying woes. 4 Inseparable Colors in 1 Pen - 4 inseparable colors - 4 personalities - 4 ways to depict your mood. You have the choice between blue, green, red and black. Blue is essentially the boss. He likes himself and so does everyone else. Green is jealous. He doesn’t get used as often as his friends and it upsets him. Red likes to be right and he LOVES correcting people’s mistakes. Black is misunderstood. He thinks he’s just as good as blue, but can’t get people to agree.
I would say I’m blue. I like to be the boss and who doesn’t like a classic? Which color are you?
If you want to know more about the 4 best friends that anyone could have, check out these videos! They are guaranteed to make you laugh.
Seriously. All the cool kids are doing it.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
I loooove creme brulee and I know I am not alone.
Today, I'm sharing my creme brulee cupcakes with you guys. BUT! I'm sharing the super easy version for all you non-bakers.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix - I usually grab French Vanilla
- 1 box of creme brulee mix -
- + the ingredients listed on both of those boxes - eggs, oil, water, milk, heavy whipping cream
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box of cake mix - usually yields about 16
- Make the creme brulee according to the mix - it sounds scary, but it's easy
- Once cupcakes are cool and creme brulee is cooled and set (about one hour), core out the centers of your cupcakes - use a cupcake core if you have one, if not a spoon or knife will work just fine
- Spoon a small amount of creme brulee into the center of the cupcake. I usually over fill and then smear some of the creme brulee on the top
- Sprinkle small amounts of brown sugar over the visible creme brulee
- If you have a culinary torch, use that to brown the sugar. If not, you can broil the cupcakes in the oven until the tops are golden brown. (I know I pulled an Ina Garten with the whole culinary torch thing, sorry)
Tip : Don't close the oven door all the way while broiling - and keep a CLOSE eye on them.
YOU ARE DONE! So easy! I usually make the cupcakes and creme brulee from scratch, but figured I would spare you the hours of intense labor.
Tip #2 : I keep these in the fridge. The whole dairy thing sitting out creeps me out.
Happy baking!! :)