I loooove creme brulee and I know I am not alone.
Today, I'm sharing my creme brulee cupcakes with you guys. BUT! I'm sharing the super easy version for all you non-bakers.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix - I usually grab French Vanilla
- 1 box of creme brulee mix -
- + the ingredients listed on both of those boxes - eggs, oil, water, milk, heavy whipping cream
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box of cake mix - usually yields about 16
- Make the creme brulee according to the mix - it sounds scary, but it's easy
- Once cupcakes are cool and creme brulee is cooled and set (about one hour), core out the centers of your cupcakes - use a cupcake core if you have one, if not a spoon or knife will work just fine
- Spoon a small amount of creme brulee into the center of the cupcake. I usually over fill and then smear some of the creme brulee on the top
- Sprinkle small amounts of brown sugar over the visible creme brulee
- If you have a culinary torch, use that to brown the sugar. If not, you can broil the cupcakes in the oven until the tops are golden brown. (I know I pulled an Ina Garten with the whole culinary torch thing, sorry)
Tip : Don't close the oven door all the way while broiling - and keep a CLOSE eye on them.
YOU ARE DONE! So easy! I usually make the cupcakes and creme brulee from scratch, but figured I would spare you the hours of intense labor.
Tip #2 : I keep these in the fridge. The whole dairy thing sitting out creeps me out.
Happy baking!! :)