Mermade Moments: #YearOfHappy - January



Thursday, January 15, 2015

#YearOfHappy - January



I was so excited to read about the #YearOfHappy that Lizzie and Allison put together. It's a year long series (obviously, I guess) and each month there is a different activity.

This month we were supposed to write a love letter to ourselves. I actually haaaaate writing letters to myself. I just feel weird doing it. This will me more of collection of lists. I promise I won't be this negative sounding all the time. :)




Highlights of 2014: (in no specific order because I have a terrible memory)

- moved to Monterey with my boyfriend to live with our 2 best friends. (eek)
- took a Caribbean vacation with the little darlings mentioned above.
- sold my cupcakes in multiple REAL LIFE locations
- become a manager of a coffee shop (for a short amount of time)
- quit the above coffee shop and went back to a better job at the office I worked at before my move
- my baby niece Hanaly was born <3
- my aunt fully adopted two foster children into our family <3 <3
- celebrated one year with J!
- I actually let myself out of my comfort zone a few times this year ;) 



Goals for 2015: 
- be more intentional

- get my spark back
- be more active
- read more books
- take better care of myself/love myself
- save money
- work hard at my job and hopefully reap benefits from that
- get back into baking
- learn new things whenever possible
- travel as much as I can
- fear less

There's nothing like the start of a new year to make you feel refreshed and motivated. Am I right?


I made this using the Rhonna Designs app.

Ever since I moved away from my family, I've felt weird. Like something was missing. I wasn't myself. I still can't really explain it. I'm happy and I'm sad. This growing up stuff is hard. Feeling like I'm missing out on so many things back home is hard. I want to get myself back. I want my spark back. I want my energy back. I want my positive attitude back. I feel so drained all the time. Nothing really sounds fun anymore. Everything is suuuuuch a hassle. Getting dressed, driving somewhere, hanging out with people. Even baking (which I used to do almost every day) is too much work. Like what? I don't even understand that. I have literally become no fun. 

So, ramble over. I'm so ready to take my life back. 2015, you don't stand a chance.



A huge thank you to Lizzie and Allison. This link-up may be exactly what I need :) 


2 comments:

  1. Missing family is horrible, but you look so happy in the bottom picture! Congrats on the cupcake biz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you another happy year, the happier the better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com