Mermade Moments: Lemme See Your Grill (Summer Cupcake Idea)



Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lemme See Your Grill (Summer Cupcake Idea)



See what I did there? In honor of 4th of July / all your summer time BBQs, I thought I would share some cupcakes that I did awhile back! The pictures are from my old cupcake blog, so excuse the poor photography.

To make these extra easy, use your favorite brownie mix! Scoop the batter into cupcake liners instead of a baking dish.

You Will Need: 
  • brownie mix + necessary ingredients
  • frosting + black food coloring
  • hot tamales 
  • chewy caramels
  • chewy colored candies - whichever you can find 
  • red and yellow sprinkles
  • toothpicks
What You Do:
  • Bake the brownies per the directions on the box and cool
  • Dye your frosting black - save a little white for later
  • Make diagonal grill marks on each brownie using the black frosting
  • Sprinkle red and yellow sprinkles on top of those fresh grill marks - like coals
  • Dip a toothpick in black food coloring to make the grill marks on the hot tamales - now you have hot links!
  • For the kabobs, cut your chewy  caramels and other colored candies into squares and slide them onto the toothpicks
  • For the chicken, mold a chewy caramel in your hand to the desired shape. Use a toothpick to dab a little white frosting in the center.
Aren't these so cute and easy??? Debut these babies at your next BBQ! They're sure to be a hit.

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com