Back when I had my office job, I blogged every day. If you were reading me back then (or hung around through my hiatus), you probably remember my posts about trying to save $10,000. I was gearing up to move and wanted a legit savings. I ended up with about $7,000 and that's the most money I had ever had. I was making $14.25 an hour and commuting, so I never had time to spend the money I was earning. I saved that much money in less than 6 months.
Current status? I moved out on my own, to the beach, and work as a barista, not making $14.25 an hour. Throw in first time expenses, a Caribbean vacation and the real world. My savings is dwindling and I'm panicking. (surprise) I've decided to get back on a budget. I'm going to share what worked for me in the past and what things I plan on doing differently. Maybe you need to budget too! We can help each other out :)
My Barista Budget Plan:
- live off tips - I have a little notebook I've been using to keep track of the tips I'm making
- don't swipe my ATM card - use cash, cash, cash
- cut down on eating out - keep a stocked fridge
- no more online shopping - I was doing so good before. oops.
- delete shopping emails before I open them - this worked before!
- work extra hard on Linqia campaigns for extra money
- sell unwanted clothes/purses - I did this before I moved and made some extra money
- stay active with Etsy - try to get more consistent purchases
My goal is to save about $500 a month, which is essentially one whole paycheck. I get paid twice a month. We'll see how this goes! Updates to follow!
If you would like to take a look at my Etsy, click here.
Do you have any budget tips I should try? Let me know!