In my defense, this post is not my fault. When your boyfriend goes to the store and brings home ingredients to make this, you shrug you shoulders and secretly jump for joy! If you're on a diet/going paleo/trying to not suffer from high cholesterol, you should just skip this post. It would be for the best. If you're like me and consider this covering your main food groups - protein, vegetables, and dairy - then read on my friends!
These are easy, delicious and pretty outrageous.
- frozen tater tots
- your choice of bacon
- shredded cheese - we used sharp cheddar
What To Do:
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- let your tater tots come to room temperature - or pretty close
- line a casserole dish or baking pan with foil
- start by laying your first bacon piece flat. put a tater tot on one end. wrap the bacon around your tot until it's completely covered - you can totally do this without laying the bacon down - I was trying to be as basic as possible
- leave a little extra bacon and cut the excess - we were reminded that bacon shrinks, so a lot of ours came undone as you'll see a little further down
- use the excess bacon to wrap another tot and repeat
- place these in the oven for 20 minutes
- if your bacon isn't crisp enough, feel free to broil for a minute or two
- take your tots out of the oven - we gathered ours in a pile - and sprinkle with cheese
- pop back in the oven until the cheese is melty and delicious about 3-5 minutes