Mermade Moments: Starbucks and Bad Customer Service



Thursday, February 25, 2016

Starbucks and Bad Customer Service

starbucks

Buckle up, you guys. It's going to be a ranty ride.

I visited the Holy Land of Starbucks on Wednesday morning and received some of the WORST service. My experience went a little like this:

I walk up to the counter smiling as per usual because COFFEE.
Employee: "What are you getting?"
Me: (-_____-) "I'll have a grande iced caramel macchiato with one pump of vanilla and an egg and cheddar breakfast sandwich, please."
Employee: "Receipt?"

I'm sorry, WHAT? She didn't say hi. What are you getting? How about "what can I get for you?" or "what are you having today?" She didn't tell me my total. She didn't say thank you. SHE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING. I don't care if you're having a bad day. Suck it up and smile. As a barista, you have the power to make or break someone's day. YOU set the tone for their day. I'm sorry if you hate your job or spilled your Cheerios this morning, but Lord have mercy, be nice to people. It's literally your job.

My boyfriend and I always talk about how all the Starbucks we go to have terrible customer service. Not just in the same town either, we've lived in multiple places! They are't that personable. They aren't very friendly. They hardly even smile.

I've worked in customer service since I was 15. I'm 24 now. Receptionist, frozen yogurt swirler, barista, cashier, you name it and I've probably done it. I'm here to tell you IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Greet me nicely, smile a little, do something!

I know firsthand that customers can suck. They can be difficult and rude and entitled and at the end of your day, you feel exhausted and beaten down. Trust me, I've had customers THROW things at me.

Say it with me. It's not that hard. It's not that hard to be nice. It's not that hard to smile. It's not that hard to act like you like your job. It's not that hard to be a decent human.

I don't mean to generalize at all and I'm sure there are a lot of nice Starbucks employees out there (I know some!), but I just feel like the majority of my experiences are negative and this girl pushed me over the edge.

What are some of your customer service horror stories? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com