Mermade Moments: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Body Scrub Tutorial



Thursday, December 26, 2013

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Body Scrub Tutorial

As mentioned in my previous post, I made body scrubs for gifts this Christmas. These scrubs are seriously perfect for any occasion. They are easy to make and inexpensive.

The Low Down:
  • Labels- I made them with an Avery circle template that I found at work. I got the Moon Flower font from here
  • Jars- Hobby Lobby on sale for 50% off! Only $1.99 each.
  • Scrub- All natural, all household ingredients, nothing fancy!
Recipe:

After searching online, I realized all the "recipes" are based on personal preference and all different. Too oily, not oily enough. I decided to do it myself. Here's what I did!
  • 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil (add 1/4 cup at a time)
Add the sugars and the cinnamon together in a large bowl. Mix it together. Then add the vanilla and the honey. Mix that too. Add the olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, until it is the texture you like. I added oil and stirred at the same time.


I found that 1/2 cup of olive oil was just right. It's grainy and not saucy looking at all. Just what I wanted. I spooned it into the jars loosely, closed the lid, and put my little label on top.


I wanted a way to incorporate the ingredient list without compromising the look of the jar at all. I found little kraft paper tags at Hobby Lobby and hand wrote the ingredients. On the front, I added "for when life gets rough". I tied it with red twine and I was done! It can be left out on a bathroom counter without worrying about little hands getting ahold of it. It's totally edible...no poison control number needed.


What holiday do you plan on making these for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com