One of my most popular Christmas cupcake flavors is Peppermint Hot Chocolate. It is a chocolate cupcake, topped with a homemade whip cream and crushed up candy canes.
To recreate this:
- use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe (or a box mix if you have to)
- whip up heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar using the whisk attachment on your mixer (I guess-timate the amount of the whipping cream and I usually use four decent sized pinches of sugar)
- crush up your candy canes, sprinkle them, and voila!
- bake a giant marshmallow inside for that extra hot cocoa feel
- or bake a peppermint Hershey Kiss in the middle. Yum!