I had a lot of fun putting things together for her mermaid celebration and everything turned out so cute! She is a little ball of sunshine and I love her to pieces.
- lanterns from Target
- banner from Target
- plates, napkins, cups and silverware from Target
- sea shells collected over the years
- printables found in the depths of the internet
- plastic sea shell plates from Oriental Trading
- clam shell cookies (nilla wafers, frosting, and sixlet pearls)
- seaweed skewers (grapes)
- flip flip cookies (nutter butters with frosting straps and sprinkle accents)
- fish and chips (potato chips and goldfish crackers)
- submarine sandwiches (Togo's sandwiches)
- sea foam floats (root beer floats)
- star fish (rice krispies)
- beach themed smash cake
I was in charge of the various sweet things, decorations and the smash cake. Surprise! ;)
Let me start by saying, those super smooth ombre cakes found on Pinterest are hard work! Next time, I need a cake turn table and different frosting. And maybe some unofficial practice.
I had a mermaid themed birthday party last year that I never blogged about. I'm a pro now! This theme will never get old. I think it would be super cute to do a mermaid/pirate theme. You could have so much fun with that.