Mermade Moments: SNICKERS® Cupcakes + Other Big Game Day Treats!



Tuesday, January 19, 2016

SNICKERS® Cupcakes + Other Big Game Day Treats!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias

#shop

My two favorite things are food and entertaining. Entertaining doesn't have to be difficult and it doesn't have to be expensive either! I feel like the best deals can be found at Walmart. I like to make sure I have something for everybody when I'm hosting a get together, but I also don't want to break the bank! Honestly, finger foods are the way to go for me. I like to stick to the basics and concentrate on one main attraction.

#shop

For my Big Game Day celebration, I decided my SNICKERS® cupcakes would be the star. Rich chocolate + gooey caramel goodness - what's not to love?

What You'll Need:
  • a boxed cake mix of your choice - I chose yellow
  • eggs (as stated on the box)
  • oil (as stated on the box)
  • water (as stated on the box)
  • caramel sauce
  • SNICKERS® Minis
  • chocolate frosting 
If you have a tried and true cupcake/frosting recipe, go ahead and use it! This is just the easiest, most inexpensive way to execute this recipe. 

What You Do:
1) Add the cake mix, eggs, oil and water into a bowl and mix together. 
#shop
2) Once everything is combined, drizzle caramel sauce directly into the bowl. (pretty design not required ;)) and then stir.

 #shop
3) Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and scoop the batter into your lined cupcake tins (I found these football liners at Walmart a few years back and hoarded them!)
#shop
4) Once all the liners are filled with batter, push an unwrapped SNICKERS®  into the center.
#shop

5) Bake according to the directions on the box. If you insert a toothpick into one of your cupcakes and it comes out clean, they're done!
#shop

6) Let cool completely. Once cool, frost them! I chose a chocolate fudge frosting for this cupcake because yum!!!I cut the SNICKERS® Minis in half and placed them onto the cupcakes. You can also chop them into little pieces and sprinkle them all over the frosting.
#shop

I would love to have "dessert only" get togethers, but I'm thinking that might be frowned upon! So I go to the next best thing and set out my favorite snacks. My go to snacks are always chips and dip/salsa, candy, beverages and something that can be made or bought in bulk like pizza!

#shop

Chips and salsa are a must for me. I can eat them anytime of day! I personally love the TOSTITOS® brand. Their "scoops" and Chunky Medium salsa are my jam! I like to have candy bowls set out because if you're anything like me, you stress eat! I think sports and stress eating go hand and hand. Am I right? I set out Skittles® for the fruit lovers and SNICKERS® for those chocolate lovers! Lastly, I'm all about the Pepsi™ - such a classic and you just can't go wrong!
What are your favorite snacks to serve at your Big Game Day celebrations? I would love to know!

Don't forget to enter the #gamedayglorysweepstakes and vote for your favorite snack stadium! You can win a $100 Walmart eGift card or an Xbox one!

For recipes and instructions on how to make your own snack stadium, click here!
For all of the products you'll need for your snack stadium, click here! If you prefer shopping in store, take my handy store guide with you! Everything you need is right next to each other. Gotta love convenience!

#shop


Game Day Glory Sweepstakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com