Mermade Moments: 3-D Heart Clip Tutorial



Monday, January 20, 2014

3-D Heart Clip Tutorial

Is this actually considered 3-D? I think it makes it sound cool. So 3-D it is.

I posted a picture of this clip to Pinterest. It was linked to my Etsy and not my blog. I've had it repined 25 times since I posted it. Man!!! I missed out on all those potential blog views. So ta daaaa! Tutorial! You better believe I'm pinning this again! Sorry Pinterest peeps.

For this little cutie, you will need :

and a hot glue gun. Mine is not shown because it was my mother's and it is old. ( I don't like change)
I ordered little heart clothespins for a garland I am making, but it worked perf for this job. They were spotlighted on Jane. One of my favorite pop up shops-they are sold out now.

This bow is so easy.

My ribbon is not measured perfectly. I just cut and bent until I found a size I didn't think would be overwhelming on a little girl's head. The pink is between 4 and 4.5 inches. Cut your white ribbon shorter than the first color. Half inch or more. Again, whichever you would prefer.

Here goes! Step by step pictures can be found at the end of this post.
  • Cut that ribbon! Heat seal the edges.
  • Make a V shape with your pink (or big heart) ribbon. Place a dot of hot glue at the V point.
  • Start bending your ribbon into a heart shape. Don't make the middle of the heart too long, it won't look as good. Once you decide on a shape, put a dot of glue where the two ribbons meet.
  • Repeat those steps for the smaller heart.
  • Now you have two hearts! Lay the smaller heart on top of the bigger once at whichever angle you prefer, I do the white one a little off set. Put a dot of glue between the bottoms of the hearts.
  • You can attach this beauty to an alligator clip or a headband. The clips seem to be popular.

use your clothes pin  or clip to test the length of your ribbons
i'm a recovering nail biter. don't judge.
dot of glue at the V point
test your shape before you glue!
big heart done. now repeat for the little one.
two hearts are better than one...
the final product! now, clip or headband?
blooper! be careful when moving the heart around before it is attached to a clip, it will get all crazy!

I hope this tutorial wasn't too confusing. It's my first one. If you have any questions, feel free to comment or email me!

email : miranduh007@yahoo.com
IG : meranneduh1
Pinterest : meranneduh1
 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute project, I'm glad to see my handy dandy glue gun still works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so so so cute!! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com