Wednesday, January 22, 2014
6 Simple Ways to Boost Your Metabolism!
This post is totally unplanned, but I really wanted to share this information with you!
This morning while checking my Yahoo mail, I saw an article about simple ways to boost your metabolism. I'm usually not impressed by these articles. It's always the saaaaame information, with little to no explanation about why I should actually follow the advice they are trying to give. This article isn't like that. Thank you Fitness Magazine and Yahoo Shine!
1) Hit the weight room. Weight lifting burns more calories than cardio and burns them even after you stop lifting!
2) Ditch crash dieting. Skipping meals is not okay. Ladies! Shoot for 0.5 to 0.75 grams of protein for each pound of your body weight every day.
3) Don't party too hard! With heavy alcohol intake, your body prioritizes detoxing over the metabolism of fat. Settle for one glass of wine, not six!
4) Cut back on sugar. The average American consumes 152 pounds of sugar a year!!!! Gross. That averages out to 43 teaspoons a day. Step away from the M&Ms.
5) Get more sleep. Sleep deprivation = more grehlin (hunger hormone) and less leptin (appetite suppressor) If you can't get 8 hours of sleep a night, shoot for consistency. 8 hours of sleep? What's that?
6) De-stress! Chronic stress causes Cortisol secretion and prompts fat in the body to be relocated and deposited deep in the abdomen. Maybe that's my problem!
So there you have it! 6 ways to boost that metabolism!!!
Let's be friends! :)
email : email@example.com
IG : meranneduh1
Pinterest : meranneduh1