If you've never been to IKEA, you are missing out. It's fantastic. They have little apartment set ups all over for examples. They show you how to style spaces on a budget and on limited space! They have TWO food courts! One in the middle of all the furniture goodness (cue Swedish meatballs) and the other is right after you check out. Well played, IKEA. There is also a warehouse part, where you pick out the large pieces of furniture you saw in the set ups. I'll explain how that works later.
|this is how the price tag looks. you take a picture (or write the numbers down) and find it in the warehouse later!|
|the famous meatballs|
IKEA is basically 360,000 square feet of everything you would ever need to have the cutest house/apartment/dorm/bedroom ever.
|J found a whole Swedish library to relax in|
We ended up buying a dresser, a book shelf, a desk, 2 lamps, a craft cart and a few other random things for $398 with tax! Split in half, we only paid $193 each! Talk about a steal. I won't be sharing any actual furniture pieces until we have our room set up, but I figured I would show you some pictures from our adventure.
|everything comes super compact!|
- wear comfy shoes - you do not look cute wobbling in wedges!
- take a picture of all the price tags you are interested in
- grab a map when you first walk in
- have a set budget - you will go cray in there!
- eat something before you get there - it's a loooong walk
- be sure to stop at one of the food courts before you leave - you deserve it!
- leave your Subaru at home. We watched a couple struggle to get a box into their car that was longer than their actual car!!!!!
I'm also co-hosting the Weekly Wrap-Up with Rachael and Lisa! You should link up too!
2) Share what you have been up to this past week and link your post up with us every Monday.
3) Hop around and comment on at least two other people's posts.
4) Link your post back to us in some way. We have a cute button for you to grab. :)
5) Have fun reading about how other bloggers spent their week!