Mermade Moments: Save vs Splurge - Mascara



Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Save vs Splurge - Mascara

I'm sort of a cheap-o. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE buying other people presents and things. When it comes to myself, I just can't justify spending the money.

I hardly wear make up. Mascara sometimes and lipstick on special occasions. I usually buy drugstore mascara. My favorite has been Maybelline Rocket Volume for awhile. It's usually around $6.



I was at ULTA the other day and decided to search for a certain mascara I had seen on a blog. (Of course I can't remember which blog) It's Bare Minerals Lash Domination and it was $18. I had been paid in cash for cupcakes that morning and considered it a small splurge. It wasn't being taken out of my bank account, so that made it totally okay ;)



I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT IT. It has a normal brush, but with a spiral around it! It separates every lash PERFECTLY. No clumps. Just perfection. It also doesn't make my eyelashes super crunchy or stiff. They were still soft to the touch!

This was my first time trying "expensive" mascara and I could totally tell the difference in quality. I may never go back.


What's your favorite mascara? I would love to try some more!



*This post isn't sponsored in any way. I'm just passionate about pretty eyelashes. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way--frugal when it comes to myself, but I love splurging on presents for others. I sort of wish I got paid in cupcakes, and impractical as that is. For drugstore, I LOVE CoverGirl LashBlast Volume (the orange one). It's my favorite! For high-end, Benefit's They're Real is amazing. It really does give you some serious drama in the lash department (though I'll admit, it's a little tricky to get off, so invest in some olive oil or some good eye makeup remover).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm very interesting! I am all for splurging on some makeup items like foundation and concealer, but I always thought all mascara was the same so i just stuck with the cheap stuff. I might have to try this out now though if you noticed that much of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that looks good! I have very short, straight eyelashes so I really want a mascara that can change that! I'll have to keep that in mind and possibly splurge on some mascara next time I'm out shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com