I printed out a Savings Tracker sheet (found in the link above) and it lets you color in your progress. I reached my first goal which was $2,500. I started on January 14th and I got to color in the first section today, February 12th! Woo hoo!
What I have been doing?
- no online shopping - unsubscribe from the store emails - read about that here.
- limit eating out - my boyfriend and I would eat out multiple times a weekend - not anymore!
- stick to my budget sheet - print out the sheet from the first link above - having to write everything you spend down really holds you accountable - I wouldn't buy things because I didn't want them to show up on my sheet! I'm not against guilting myself into saving money!
- keeping my goal in mind while I'm out shopping - when I'm Target or the mall, I just keep my end goal in mind. Vacation and beach living are more important.
- downsizing my stuff - the more I go through and get rid of stuff, the less I feel like I need.
- stop using those credit cards - unless it's an absolute emergency of course - 7 for $26 undies at VS doesn't count!
- saving my change - i'm saving all of my change - I haven't rolled any yet. I'm going to wait until it's vacation and/or moving time, but change adds up!!!
Oh! I've stayed under my budget of $100 a week since I started!
What do you do to save money? Do you have any budget tricks? Let me know!
Let's be friends.
email : email@example.com
IG : meranneduh1
Pinterest : meranneduh1